Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenOther - Home & Garden · 1 month ago

What's the best way to annoy my neighbors to get back at them?

They're always in their car, in the garage, blasting loud booming, earth-shaking music.They don't drive anywhere. They just sit in their car. I can hear it from my bedroom window. That's how loud their music is? Their house is facing my house. What do I do? At night, they play loud music from their garage while they're in their house. 11 at night. Earth-shaking booming rap music.

The best way to quiet down a pest of a neighbor is to get other neighbors anonymously involved by forming a complain chain. 

A complain chain is effective because when more than one complaint comes from various people at the same time, it gets the attention and subsequent action from the police. Because, id you are the ONLY one complainingleft then you may not be taken seriously.

First of all,,make a friendly call to your local police and find out if they have a noise ordinance. If a town does not have a noise ordinance, it typically will automatically mean that the noise ordinance of the state's capitol is enforced.  

Talk to your other neighbors to see if they are also fed up with the inconsiderate noise level that is heard past quiet hours. If they will agree, when the noise begins, each neighbor can call the police anonymously, to report the disturbance. 

Our neighborhood found this complain chain tactic to be very effective in quieting the noisy neighbors....and remaining anonymous was a huge bonus.

Try it.

Disco or Western  of far Eastern music (or that Bing Bing song)   Though the city has a bylaw as to how late at night the music can be cranked (and they may call to shut YOU down.

. Be fully aware it may be YOU paying the bill.

Maybe they are deaf?  Or they do not know the city bylaws-seems neither do you.

Go to city hall and see the bylaw officer and ask.  Then you know.

• ?

First option should alwasy be to talk with them. I understand what you are going through though, not as bad.  We have a family that is renting a house about 1/4  mile away, moved in last year. Always playing music that I can hear here even though I can't even see the house. I know multiple families that live close then I, they are not happy, but there is not a lot they can do about it.

learn to play the drums in your garage with the door open

You can't fight noise with noise.  Generally, people who make noise are not affected by it.  They will sleep through anything you can do.

It's likely that your town has a noise bylaw that applies over the entire 24 hours, not just at night.  I agree with the other respondents who recommended that you make a noise complaint to the Police. 

Play loud music  back at them.  I would suggest some Merle Haggard or Hank Williams Sr.

A noise complaint with the police might do the trick, but it's not much fun.

Join a heavy metal band, and hold regular practise sessions at your house.  In your garage.  Full volume.  In the morning.

It is called noise pollution and is against most local ordiances to have ones noise be heard outside of their property. Call the police and make a complaint!