Why do most diets fail?

The answer is lowkey common sense. It's hormonal, mental, social, environmental (foods around you), etc. 

It's not that diets don't work, rather they cannot work. It's like someone trying to hold their breath until they pass out. It seems like it's possible, but isn't. The mind and body decide that the best course of action is to eat, or drink. It would rather you be fat than skinny. 

Also, it's mainly hormonal. Grelin, insulin and leptin control 99% of your eating habits and what you eat. It's the illusion of control that troubles me as many people believe they even have control over themselves when it comes to eating. 

Diets also, don't work because they are temporary. A person goes on a diet, they get off one. This way going on a diet is more like holding your breath than anything. 

90% of the people who want to lose weight and cannot do not know the basics of nutrition. It's all extraordinarily exciting. Granted, I get excited about anything related to learning.

I discovered how to fix all this diet crap. I can't say why because of the state I live in.

If I could I would, but I can't. Peace!

due to our lackness

• F

Because you are biologically programmed to stuff your face when there is plenty of food. When we were cavemen ( or in the 3rd world today even) you didn’t know where your next meal was coming from so you pigged out when a mammoth was caught, ( keg for me please !)

Nowadays for most people in the west, we have plenty every day but your body has not evolved to recognise this and you eat too much everyday.

many people over eat for emotional reasons so it is hard to keep on the diet

1/ early to bed

2/ early to rise

• garry

they dont , you fail , its simple .

• Zirp

Because your body is hard to fool.

If you don't eat enough, your body will want to eat more and store some for times of famine.

If what you eat lacks micronutrients, your body will ask for more to get what it needs

They are temporary. Lifestyle change is the only realistic plan as weight loss or muscle tone etc needs realistic goals and a lot of l discipline.

• keerok

Non-sustainable.

It doesn't work most of the time because it's all about denying. A diet program restricts or denies a person food and drinks he normally consumes. Since it's an abnormal process, the person will always gravitate to his normal habits, eating those restricted food.

One work-around is not to touch the diet. Instead, work on the time of feeding. Restrict the feeding hours. Eat anything but in normal portions. 

maybe people arent taking them seriously