Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

Is this a scam or is it really invent help?

A good friend of mine is trying to patent and create an idea/product through invent help. I wont go into detail about the product idea. He said the process has been going on since last November. He said he has already given them a few thousand dollars to create a rough draft/product of his idea and for all the required paper work and legal work...but he recently told me that he is going to pay them over $14,000 so they can actually patent and possibly sell his idea.

this whole thing sounds like a scam to me, and I tried to notify my friend about this, but I don't think he understands. Then again It all could be legit, but I am not sure, I just don't want my friend getting screwed over.

He would be better off if it was a scam -- because then he's only lose money.  Either 99.9% or 99.99% (I forget which) of inventors who use companies like this never get any money from their inventions -- and most of the rest get less than the paid the invention submission companies.  Users of companies like this don't just lose their money -- they lose their money and nearly any chance they had of selling their idea.

They are a scam that might have worked for a few people.  They will take your money for any idea.