Why is euthanasia illegal?

Shouldn’t people have the option to die even if they are healthy and of sound mind? 

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Doctor assisted suicide is legal in some states, but it is not legal for a person to kill another one to end their suffering For example, a husband who shoots his terminally ill wife because he cannot stand seeing her suffer is euthanasia but it is considered murder by the law, although there have been cases in which charges were not filed 

• 1 month ago

it is legal in some states.

• Sam
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

but but but if you're healthy and want to die then you're crazy.

We don't let crazy people kill themselves because maybe they can be cured or at least treated.

At least that's what people think   ;)  Maybe we're all crazy.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

If you are asking about the USA, it is NOT illegal in all States.  Want to be euthanized?  Move to one of those States.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Sure - we kill babies, don't we?

• 1 month ago

Why woukd a healthy person of sound mind want euthanasia tho?

I can see an argument for someone with a chronic health issue that causes pain or decreases quality of life should be allowed euthanasia.

At current, only peoole with terminal illness are given certain rights to death with dignity- and even that is limited.

• 1 month ago

I think people have a right to choose their own deaths when they're terminally ill , old and very infirm ,or are simply suffering without end .

Being healthy and sound mind -- apart from being contradictory -- is not a sound  reason  

• Edwena
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Have you considered that your argument for euthanasia is similar to the justification for murder and/or war?

• Rick
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

it's too easy to make a murder LOOK like an 'assisted suicide' ..........

• Robert
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I think so.  But people who are really sincere about it will find a way.  "gee, he drove that road every day, why didn't he know the turn was there before the cliff"?  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.