Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 4 weeks ago

How can you be atheist and Jewish at the same time if being Jewish is a religion?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Jewish by nationality and a non believer in deity would be a Jewish atheist. That easy.

Jewish is a nationality and not a religion. Just like being say; American , Irish, British or Indian is.

While Judaism is a religion. But not a nationality.  As is say ; Christianity Paganism  Hinduism, or Shintoism is.

For example....A follower of Judaisim that has Jewish nationality, would be referred to as a practicing Jew.

Attachment image
    Source(s): I hope that clears your mistake up for you.
  • 4 weeks ago

I keep telling you all but TODAY'S CHRISTIANS are water bsptized ATHEISTS believing they baptize BETTER THAN JESUS#!🥵🔥

• 4 weeks ago

Judaism is a religion.  Jewish is an ethnicity.  One can be Jewish and an atheist, Jewish and a Christian, Jewish and a Muslim.  There was a famous Jew centuries ago who converted to Islam.  I forget his name.

• 4 weeks ago

You can be ethnically Jewish, but not believe in God.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Jewish is both an ethnicity and a religion.  You have to rely on context to know which meaning is being applied at any given time.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Jewish is a nationality, like Italian or Mongolian.  Jewish people are the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.  Jewish people need to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ in order to avoid hell, like all people.  Here is the truth: The Lord Jesus Christ is God. Nobody can be good enough to avoid hell. The truth is that death leads to immediate heaven or hell, depending only on whether the person believed on the Lord Jesus Christ, or not. The truth is that the Lord Jesus Christ loves you and wants to bless your life freely :) Most of all, Jesus wants you with Him forever, and not in hell. It is too late to be saved, after death.

Believing on the Lord Jesus Christ means being forgiven all sins past and future and means going to heaven. The truth is that every belief except one will lead to eternal torment in the lake of fire for every person. Because nothing pays for our sins except the death and blood of Jesus, the sacrifice of Jesus that is already accomplished by Him . Jesus loves you! The truth is that the Lord Jesus Christ is God, and Jesus died on the cross to pay for all of our sins in full, and then Jesus was buried, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead. Nothing else pays for our sins, not works, not deeds, not religions. So the only way to heaven and to avoid hell, is by believing on Jesus for eternal life (John 6:47), without adding any of your own works (Romans 4:5). Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ to take you to heaven, and you will be in heaven, no matter what, guaranteed. That easy, thanks to Jesus! Tell Jesus that you thank Him that you will be with Him in heaven

• 4 weeks ago

Jewish is a culture - ethnic identity - Judaism is the religion.

There are many cultural Jews.

I'd suggest there are many cultural christers too

But they'd be ousted from the club if they admitted they didn't believe in god or Jebus.

It's not important for Jews to believe in a god.

It's important for a Jew to be a good person.

That's far too subtle for a christer/mooslim cos their religion is driven by FEAR.

~

• Archer
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Jewish is both an Ethnicity and a religion. You can be both or one of the two.

• 4 weeks ago

I presume you could be an agnostic "cultural" Jew.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Good night, have you visited Yahoo from other countries?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.