Can bacteria from a dog’s mouth get in from a real tiny bite and get an infection?

I tried to pick up my dog and I guess she got startled or aggrivated and kind of bit me and it left this tiny thing last night. Idk if it broke the skin or just scratched the top layer of the skin off. I washed it and and put hand sanitizer on it for alcohol. I know it’s real small but Can this thing thing get infected? Idk if i shouldve put antibiotic cream on it or whatever. This was about 2 days or a day and a half ago

Update:

I over think things a lot and I hate it and I while back I read about people getting real sick from like a dog’s bite or even licks.. never really got bitten by a dog before so idk.. I’m just over thinking it

Attachment image

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 days ago

The dogs mouth is a hell of a lot cleaner than a humans. I was bitten twice over the years. We use the saliva from the dog & rubbed it on the wounds.  It seems to have healing properties in it. I don't even have scars so it must work.  mo Rkl.

• 1 month ago

this is absolutely normal looking and not infected there is actually improvement since you last posted. If it was infected you would know. if you can into my UC we would send you home, nothing done,

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

no and you don't have rabies either

• 1 month ago

More updated photo.. the other photo was 2 days ago

Attachment image
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • martin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

This is possible, but the human body can fight and destroy such bacteria on its own.

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Can it become infected? Yes......... however it is not and after 2 days as by now it would be re and swollen and it isn't... I would be more concerned about a pet dog that bites when you pick it up and wouldn't be making excuses for it........ as it is either sick/in pain and needs the vet or it is untrained and needs correction and training

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.