Is Nintendo done for? Should they just sell their games to Microsoft?

Now that Microsoft bought Bethesda. Sony and Nintendo will have to pay to publish their games on their own platforms.

Microsoft net sales estimate around 1 trillion.

Sony’s net sales estimate around 95 billion.

Nintendo’s net sales estimate around 12.5 billion.

Nintendo isn’t making any money. Do you think Nintendo will die soon?

Update:

Yes I know that microsoft is doing worse than Nintendo. But isn’t it embarrassing that now Sony a Nintendo have to pay Microsoft money to put Bethesda on their platforms? Microsoft is the one winning here it doesn’t matter if their consoles do bad. Nintendo and Sony still have to pay to rent their games. Eventually leading Sony and Nintendo to their doom. Sony DOOMED. Nintendoomed.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Kyle
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

that'd be awesome.  then we can play pokemon on xbox.  not to mention goldeneye 64, waverace, and other classic games 

• 4 weeks ago

Sony really cant go broke. Sony sold 68 MILLION more consoles than Microsoft

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

I dont hope so, I love Nintendo. 

• garry
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

dont see nintendo going broke or sony going bad , everyone knows microsoft is over priced already . keep up the good work bill gates , wee can see  a mr sony and a mr nintendo watching ..

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

switch sold more units than Xbox so I highly doubt it. 

• 1 month ago

LOL @ your Microsoft figures. You DO realize that the GAMING DIVISION of Microsoft is just ONE part of the company, right? It makes a LOT LESS than 1 trillion dollars.

Likewise, Sony makes more than just the PlayStation. They are an electronics manufacturer first, and their gaming division doesn't make up the majority of their sales.

There's about 10 Besthesda games available on Switch, and more than half of them are old DooM ports. Compare the GAMING DIVISIONS of MS, Sony, and Nintendo, and the playing field is a LOT more even than what your troll brain has come up with.

• 1 month ago

Nintendo has never relied on third parties for games. Nintendo makes most of its money from its own games:  smash bros, Zelda, Mario, Kirby, Donkey Kong, animal crossing. Look at the switch. Most switch games sold were Nintendo first party games. 

• 1 month ago

That's not how licensing works.

Microsoft would be paying Sony and Nintendo to get the game on their systems.

If anything, Bethesda games would be Xbox exclusives.

• 1 month ago

i hope not nintendo 4 life! :'(

• 1 month ago

this is not a fair comparison as the 1 trillion net sales of microsoft includes all the departments of Microsoft, Microsoft first and foremost is a tech company, there games only net them around 11bilion, sony is also not exclusively a game company they are making 20 billion dollars per year. so microsoft is currently the one thats doing the worst at the moment not nintendo.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.