Could The Sopranos be made today?

The cast isn’t diverse and there aren’t any women in the mafia. How about toxic masculinity

It would be cut off in mid sen

Ozark is being made today, and Breaking Bad wasn't that long ago, so I don't see at all why not.

Well, they've made a Soprano's movie called The Many Saints of Newark that was supposed to come out this year but was delayed due to the pandemic and will now be coming out in March in theaters.  Yeah, I think it could get made today.   

Snowflakes would melt for those very reasons.

The entire. effing. point of The Sopranos is that it was a caustic deconstruction of toxic masculinity. I swear half its fans were too stupid to understand it... You'd think the gay storyline would have clued them in.

Yes, that still could be made.

It would probably draw more controversy to that point that they’d be urged to add women mafia members, but I’d like to think the major story wouldn’t be changed because tv is pretty free nowadays to do what it likes storywise, creators are given more freedom then they used to be writing shows.  

Could it? Yes, of course it could. It's base (the mafia) is from decades ago. While it may not be historically factual, it did draw a lot from that. No, it wasnt "diverse" and the women were 2nd class citizens, but thats how it was.

The history isnt yours or mine to erase

• .

You could also make The Wire cast all asians portraying blacks.