Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

Is it normal to refer to your mother as "my love"?

I was in the kitchen and overheard my boyfriend in another room, quietly refer to his mother as "my love" when asking her to go to bed after a few too many drinks at home one evening. This felt incredibly weird, because he calls me "my love" and it didn't seem like something you should call your mother. 

His parents are very important to him, he has a good relationship with his mum. 

I just want to understand if anyone else refers to their mums as "my love"? I know parents sometimes call their children "my love" but not children to parents from my understanding, it sounds odd to me lol Thanks! :D  

Edit: @emily It definitely made me feel uncomfortable, even though I am also close with my family, it's different. I am a hugger in my family, not much for words except with my boyfriend. Haha 

he mightve said that cause he was drunk

• emily

Maybe it is just something he says to people he cares about? I don't think it is anything to be worried about. Different strokes for different folks.