Should I major in Film or History?

I can't decide whether I want to major in Film or History... I love movies and have always wanted to experiment, write, and create my own, but I feel like it's too much of a risk... I also love history and feel like it would be a more secure career to pursue. I want to do something creative... I really want to make some sort of an impact and do something that I enjoy. I just don't want to be unhappy and uncomfortable with my life... 

Someone please help! :)

Just trying to be honest and not trying to sound rude or give you an unhelpful answer, but I feel like neither of those majors will really get you a “secure” job. You should 100% do something that you’re going to be passionate about, because you don’t want to get stuck in a job that you hate, but maybe find something that involves those things that will be more secure. Like the person below said, those majors will really only get you a job as a teacher or a struggling artist. You could minor in one of those or find a major that will tie into those.

thats up to you

How are you funding college?

Do you expect to have a career after you finish college?

Unless you want to work retail, restaurant or a call center = you should not major in film

Unless you want to work as a teacher = you should not major in history.