Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Can Trump sink any lower? He accuses Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer and Adam Schiff of writing Ginsburg’s “most fervent” final wish. Really?

Days before her death on Friday, Ginsburg dictated a statement to her granddaughter, Clara Spera, that read: “My most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new president is installed.”  Go ahead, Trump apologists, prove to us that Justice Ginsburg didn't say this and it's all a grand conspiracy to make Trump look bad.

Trumps hair turns orange every time he lies. 

Ginsburg was a hypocrit then, because she said a President is President until the end of his term.  The Constitution says that the President needs to appoint a new justice immediately.  And this has always been done in the past.  Schumer is also full of it with his high and mighty falsehood speech today.

• Ann

Where's the proof that SHE said it? Even FactChecker.com can't prove it. I think it's sad that her last moments wouldn't be about her family but of politics. She wasn't as shallow as Democrats are now trying to make her out to be by claiming that THAT was the last thing she said. It's just another Democrat lie--and you are gullible enough to believe it's true. Sad.

I would not be surprised in any way if Pelosi and others didn't put her up to claiming this.

That for sure wasn't on her mind while she was dying, if by chance than she died with out making peace with God, for sure someone made that up, besides she's gone now and we all must move on, all she was just a judge. Sure dems made that up just tp stop trump from doing his job, perhaps dem feel she should have stayed alive until after the election.

So what Trump said was, "“Well, I don’t know that she said that, or was that written out by [Rep.] Adam Schiff and Schumer and Pelosi?”  Fair enough.  No, really.

At this time "there is also no available evidence, such as a video or signed document, to verify (Clara) Spera’s claim or even made a claim about Justice Ginsburg’s dying wish." Clara Spera has also declined to comment effectively (and wisely) pleading the 5th  -- as we would expect from the Granddaughter of a SCOTUS JUSTICE.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg was A GIANT of SCOTUS.  A "parting shot" would not have been in her character.  Nor would siding publicly in a political contest AGAINST the Constitution (which to her dying breath I am sure she could recite from memory -- sArticle II, Section 2, clause 2 of the constitution.*)

FIRST: Do you honestly think that Justice Ginsburg, author of countless opinions with razor sharp acumen and iron clad language would have used "...until a new president is installed."?  Presidents are ELECTED.  If Trump wins, there won't be a new president till 2025.  (A goof like that would never have gotten past her INTERN.)

SECOND:  Justice Ginsburg also KNEW that the final wish of a dying Justice do NOT supersede the imperatives set forth by the U.S. Constitution.  She would NEVER have done that.  (However, I do not put it past any of the Democrats to use her death to get ANY political traction.)

THIRD: Justices Ginsburg and Scalia always believed that SCOTUS should be above politics and not interject themselves into races.  For all their years in SCOTUS they have never publicly made their opinions known.

So, back to brass tacks.

*Article II section 2, clause 2 states that "... [the President] shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by Law: but the Congress may by Law vest the Appointment of such inferior Officers, as they think proper, in the President alone, in the Courts of Law, or in the Heads of Departments."

• Jim2

UPDATE: Only a true lowlife would dishonor justice Ginsburg by pushing for a supreme court justice now. But as far as I'm concerned, he has already sunk lower by deliberately downplaying the coronavirus, which he said he was glad of because he wouldn't have to shake hands with disgusting people, and causing THOUSANDS OF NEEDLESS DEATHS.

..........................................................................

Yep. Here is what Trump, per politico:

“I don't know that she said that, or was that written out by Adam Schiff, and Schumer and Pelosi,” Trump said in an interview on “Fox & Friends,” referring to the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, the Senate minority leader and the House speaker.

“I would be more inclined to the second, OK, you know, that came out of the wind, it sounds so beautiful. But that sounds like a Schumer deal or maybe a Pelosi or shifty Schiff,” he said, adding later: “I mean, maybe she did and maybe she didn't.”

Trump SUCKS.

If she did it just shows what a power hungry old bat she was. But it also wouldn’t be surprising if the Dems and the granddaughter teamed up and smothered her with a pillow to play the sympathy card before the election.

• Leo

I'd call him a snake, but not even snakes are that low.

yes he can.....