Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 month ago

Has California REALLY lost its magic, after all these decades?

Global-warming wildfires as the new normal, plus everything else. ;(

• Cousin

Californians pad around effortlessly in flip-flops and shorts year round, enjoying perfect weather, and it makes them soft in the head. People in New England and Maine have to stay alert and on top of things in order to survive in a harsh climate, which makes them smart. Californians do not allow natural burns which increases the fire load. Californians build houses out of fuel, basically flammable materials, with the exception that concrete pads and brick chimneys remain after the fires;and yet, Californians are too ineducable to learn from this and start building out of concrete and brick. Californians build in pine woods and pine burns like torches and pine sap explodes like napalm. The town of Paradise was surrounded by woods and, after the town of Paradise burned, the stupid Californians went back and re- built in the same exact spot of the same flammable materials as before, basically re- creating houses made of fuel. There would be nothing wrong with the LAND of California if they would bring back the beavers and let them build ponds, irrigate with the fresh water rivers they allow to pour out into the ocean day and night, and build out of fireproof materials. But they're just stupid. 

We've been under some pretty corrupt management here for a while and our State Legislature is filled with activists who can't balance a checkbook. Parts of the state are still beautiful (despite the fires that are caused by bad forestry and rangeland practices - also a little touch of climate change, but not all that much). It's not completely lost but it will be if state policy keeps pushing out the productive people while actively importing more poverty. 

What worries me is now they say people are moving out of the state. Which means they are bringing their liberal ideals and agenda to my state.

Let's put it this way.  I make a LOT more money than  the average American and I still feel financially insecure in California.

• T'rone

CA is dead.  It is too expensive for a new comer.  That last time I was in San Francisco where I lived; it has turned into a mean city filled with bums and junkies

too many stupid lazy people voting stupid 

i would hope not

• martin

The wildfires hit every year because California goes half the year, April to October, without rain basically.  Hollywood is still alive and kicking, magically.

As a Californian I certainly hope it has, because we have far too many people here and sometimes I wish they would just close the freaking borders and give the state a rest. Maybe if it's lost it's magic people will just stop coming? I'll tell ya, a lot of us would certainly breathe easier. I won't even talk about the traffic. It's insane.