Can I use Bella sweet peppers in place of bell peppers when cooking?

Do you think that Bella sweet peppers are about the same, for dishes like fajitas?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • IvaB
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Yes,of course you can use sweet peppers.There is no reason why you couldn't,folks use them all the time.All bell peppers start out green,and have a slightly "bitter" taste.If that same pepper is allowed to mature on the vine,it eventually will change color,and some sweetness develops.So,any kind of bell pepper can be used.

• denise
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The long Romano peppers would be good with them.

• You should be fine; the sweet peppers are a good substitute.

• 1 month ago

You can use the red, yellow, or orange bell peppers interchangeably. They are comparable in flavor. Depending on the recipe, you might want to consider mixing different colors.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I have to assume that BELLA peppers is a brand name. Sweet peppers  include the reds, orange, yellow, and even white peppers. The Chocolate peppers turn green when cooked and even taste like green peppers. 

Brand names are really Irrelevant. 

• laura
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Yes they work for me and I actually quite like the sweet taste, love chicken fajitas with sweet peppers and a yummy sweet chilli sauce or something sticky 😋also they go nice in a chicken stir fry 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.