Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender & Women's Studies · 1 month ago

Why do men want women to be silent, weak and passive?

Men like @Bill and @deadpool want women to be feminine and femininity means submissiveness, shyness and passive behaviour. Women who have a soft voice and behave nicely inspite being treated bad are considered feminine by men. Men call those women masculine who speak their mind and behave rudely towards wrong people. 

Any woman with some self-respect won't become submissive and passive. I'm glad American women are not spineless.

Favorite Answer

I would hardly compare @Deadpool to @Bill

And excuse me for knowing the difference between strong women and feminists🤷🏼‍♂️ And no I’m not a conservative like @Bill

In life there's usually a lid for every pot and there are women out there who are just naturally passive. So there's no need for you to feel like you have to try to date these guys. They'll find their ideal matches and likely so will you. 

• Bill

A few things. 

1. I never said I like or don't like submissive women. 

2. I don't think there is anything wrong with a woman being submissive nor do I think submissive women are necessarily spineless. 

3. Shyness is many cases a result of social issues, not personality. It's also doesn't have anything to do with femininity. You should help people with their shyness, not judge them for it. 

Anyway, it's common for men to like submissive women much like it's common for women to like dominant men. Men and women in many cases have opposing attractions and this is one of those cases. 

They don't.. They want them to be happy. That's less work you got to do. And less stress you got to worry about. If you act like a guy and sleep around as much and have that kind of attitude and non lady like attitude.. Yeah.. That's a total turn off and your quality of person will go down the drain you could qualify for. On the other side it could be a complete turn on if not. And they do have that kind of feminme attitude or whatever you want to call it. And no they shouldn't be with people who treat them bad. I agree with that. Hopefully they have some goal in mind and don't get completely screwed over by those types who are the friendemy types. If they are popular tho they could at least hopefully bounce back easily with someone new and quality who treats them right when they are ready to settle down. 

Feminine does not always mean submissive. I can be feminine, and I sure as hell ain't submissive 

• GiGi

Most don't.  End of story

People that believe femininity means being a 'door mat' are the type of men who have low self esteem and by dating women who let them boss them around, it makes them feel superior and that makes them happy.

If you have average self esteem, there is no way that you'd tolerate anyone trying to make you 'submissive'.  To be fair men like 'deadpoo' and 'Bill' sound like virtually nothing would make them happy.  

A woman can be feminine, polite, nice and strong at the same time.

I like a woman who can give me a good whupping.

To feed their ego I'd say. I like strong and confident women, but i dislike loud women. I hate nagging, so i do like quiet women.