Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 1 month ago

Should I drink milk that past expiration date?

It's fat free milk.

Is a couple of days fine past expiration date?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • With no problems I've consumed milk over a month past its expiration date. If properly stored and if it doesn't smell funky or taste funky then it's okay. As long as it isn't moldy then soured milk isn't going to hurt you or put you in the hospital, it will just taste sour. How do you know if it's moldy? You will clearly see it when you peer into the milk carton. If by chance the milk is chunky then you'll want to toss it.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

be safe, throw it out....................

• art
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

smell it if it smells okay and tastes okay then its fine to drink - whats the worst that can happen, sour milk isnt poisonous or anything - after all yougurt and many cakes are made with sour milk

• 1 month ago

But as long as milk has been properly refrigerated, it should be still drinkable up to a week past the date label

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

So long as it is not sour, sure. 

• 1 month ago

If it passes the sniff test, and doesn't taste bad - go ahead. 

• geezer
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Smell it .. You'll know if it's OK to drink or not

but even if it's ''slightly off'' it won't harm you to drink it.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Milk doesn't have an expiration date but it should have a “use by” date. 

I would say you should drink the milk if you want to and it has not gone off/bad/sour. This can happen long before the use by date and milk can  be dine to use long after its use by date. 

• 1 month ago

even when it starts to taste bad that does not mean that it is dangerous.

• 1 month ago

Smell it. If it smells rancid then throw it away. If it smells fine then you can drink it. 

Expiration dates don’t mean anything except for companies to make more money by getting you to throw good foods away. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.