Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

Why are a lot of people so fat?

27 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Lots of people have discovered that fried foods, sugar (that isn’t in fruits), sodium and saturated fat is what makes food taste awesome and give you a feeling of satisfaction. And since we can transport easily without really walking (cars, elevators, etc.) people (but not all) have also become lazy about exercise. That is why America is one of the world’s fattest countries.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Because they eat like they are doing manual labour on a farm, but have desk jobs...

• 4 weeks ago

Nowadays people become so fatty because of an unhealthy lifestyle, people love to eat fast food daily they don't care about their health, Avoiding exercise is the most common reason for being overweight.

• 4 weeks ago

Liberal “diets fads.......” I am healthy With my mcdonald #GodBless

Source(s): Do terra essential oil 4 weight loss
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

limited activity

• 4 weeks ago

For years I worked construction. We worked 10-12 hours a day, 6 and 7 days a week. I don't know what my calorie intake was back then, but I ate like I was never going to eat again. Now that I'm older and sit at a desk, I still think I should eat like an ironworker. I don't eat junk, I just eat too much.  The kids growing up and moving out hasn't helped either. My wife still thinks she needs to cook for a half dozen people, and she's a real good cook. So I'm going to say for me...its simple over eating.

• 4 weeks ago

People are usually obese due to changes in their physical constitution. If a person exercises regularly, he will get rid of this problem. Many people do not take obesity as a problem.

• 1 month ago

What Rusty said, lol

Lv 7
    1 month ago

Because they consume more calories than their body burns, and too many of those calories are not nutritionally beneficial. 

• 1 month ago

They eat too much and exercise too lottile.

• Andy C
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

A very valid question and one that shouldn't be warded off as if it were an insult. 

Most people are fat because they are COMPELLED to overeat because added sugars and white flour products are a regular part of their diet.

This remains true whether you like it or not.   It's not my decision nor my opinion alone.

Most would tell you sedentary behavior mixed with choosing to overeat. 

Even fat people believe this.   There's no choice involved. 

Source(s): "Fat Chance..." by Dr. Robert Lustig, M.D. I used to be fat until I read this book.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.