Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 4 weeks ago

are all garlic breads made using butter?

No, my garlic bread contains no butter.

In a mortar and pestal, I add three tablespoons of olive oil, three chopped cloves of garlic and a teaspoon of salt. Mash into a paste. If too thick, add more olive oil, if too thin, add more chopped garlic.

Spread the paste on the Italian bread that has been sliced open and place in 325 degree oven until slightly browned.

A variation on this recipe is to make as above, but before placing in the oven, sprinkle Parmigiano cheese on the bread, then add thinly sliced tomatoes and serve with a sprinkle of scallions.

There are never any left overs!

I don't know.Probably cheap ones use margarin

Make Garlic Bread at home with Rachael Ray's easy recipe from 30 Minute Meals on Food Network.

• kswck2

I've Always made it with butter and minced garlic, cheese and minced parsley. 

something  healthy like serial with milk, juice egg

I don't know. However, I would not go through the effort of making a garlic bread with anything but butter. 

Store-bought ones use butter (or margarine) because you can transport it and then bake/toast it where the butter stays on the surface. Oil is too liquidy and would thus make a mess. However, if you're making your own, feel free to use oil instead. If you're doing it really fancy, you cook some garlic in oil and let the oil "infuse." Then dip the bread and toast it. Let the garlic chunks get very brown in the toaster and it's quite a strong punch. 

• Darla

All of mine are. Get used to it. 

• ?

All the ones I eat are.

• denise

No, there are some made with garlic flavoured oil.