At 16 can you drive alone in a car in CA?

• Bill

Yes, as long as you have a valid Driver's license.  If you jut have you learners permit you need to be accompanied by an Adult Licensed Driver.

• L

Only if the 16-year old has their Driver's License.

• Jensen

If your driver's license is valid, then the answer is yes. Otherwise, you have to wait.

If you have a full License; Yes, you May. I had one at 15 1./2 in CA.

Not  legally with  a simple permit. They often have a licensed adult with you clause and no full freeways or after dusk proviso, too.

"Can" you?   My parents did ALL the driving until I was 18, even then, rarely lent out the cars

My dad drove at 8, in those days, anyone "could" drive if yore  feet reached the pedals. There were no DLs until he was in high school in  1930.

21?  Bull ****, .Some need to work at 18 and need to drive work truck or to work or college at 18.

Source(s): lived in CA 44 years, can a obtain full DL at 15 1/2. Many apply for permit to test later than this age and so get DL at a later age.
  • May

You "can" if you are able.

You "may" if it is allowed.

• Ron

Yes you can. It would be illegal but you weren't specific

To get an un-restricted drivers license in California you must be 18!

If the drivers license is from out of state, then yes. Provided you are not a resident of California (have no residence there).

• Scott

With a valid driver's license, yes.

The law should be 21 to drive alone