Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 1 month ago

do you buy name brand food or value brand food? explain your reasoning?

26 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Most of the time I get value brand. Because it's cheaper and usually tastes the same. No sense I'm soending more money for the same product. Unless it actually taste different.

• 4 weeks ago

I have favorites in certain brands but at the end of the day i'm okay with either.

• 4 weeks ago

Most of it tastes the same so to me, buying something for $2.99 when you can get the same thing for 99cents is throwing your money down the drain.

• 1 month ago

value brands are the same thing, with exceptions.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Usually I will buy the value brand, because it is just as good. 

There are some exceptions, though. 

For example, if more quality ingredients are used. Ex: If an inexpensive product is made with a lot of cane sugar, and ingredients that are not organic, while the product that is not inexpensive has all high-quality ingredients, I would purchase the second, or neither at all. 

• denise
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Both,  some of the value brands are as good.

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

With brand name foods you are paying for the advertisements too. With store brand foods, you are paying for the same stuff, made in THEIR factories, without all the hoopla. Kroger or whomever, do not have a caning factory for canned beans. 

• CB
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Both, but mostly store brand, because quality is close enough if even discernible and the prices can be 50% less. If I find  a store brand that is really not up to snuff I just buy the name brand. 

• Sandy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Both, depending on price and taste. 

I have bought a "store brand" of cereal and was able to tell a difference from the name brand. Other items it doesn't matter. 

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

both                                 .

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.