Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 1 month ago

Is it weird that I've suddenly stopped liking video games?

I'm 18 and I used to love video games. I would get every new game on release date. I own a PS4, which I haven't turned on in the last 8 months. After hearing about the PS5, I'm like, "meh, ok." No feelings towards it. Is this weird?

21 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 week ago

In a way, Video Games Have Stopped being great because they are not trying to be games but more like Movies or Gimmicks. I find myself playing older generation videogames more than newer ones, but I will occasionally when it's out. but if you really want to seek out creativity, check out some indi titles.

• 3 weeks ago

I'm kinda feeling the same way recently its like ok a new game that's great. I haven't been playing as much as I used to on consoles in the past. 

• 3 weeks ago

Maybe your like me i overplayed games alot i mean they were taking alot of time off high school pretending to be ill and everything to the point where i was actually tricking doctors anyways im getting of topic u should watch shows for a couple of month i started watching anime a few years ago i watched it for like 6 month and then i started playing games and the games felt so much better i was less bored and it was kind of nostalgic in a way though it had been 6 month it felt like years had gone by anyway try what i did.

• 3 weeks ago

Your interests can change over time. Just find another hobby you like, and change whenever you want.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

You just got laid for the first time didn't you...lol

• 4 weeks ago

Could be that you've just found something better.  When I was 20, I thought that the Taco Bell Burrito Supreme was just about the best food on the whole planet.  But then I visited a friend and got to try food from a Taqueria in East LA, and realized the world was bigger.

• 4 weeks ago

Not really. You might be burnt out - especially because it seems like they're releasing the same thing over and over lately. Take a break.

• 1 month ago

No, that's normal.  Everyone eventually gets bored of a game or a set of games and needs something new, eventually you'll start craving for those games you grew bored of again.  

• 1 month ago

No           .

• 1 month ago

you have finally outgrown it it seems. i too quit playing video games. i just watch other people play them on youtube it's cheaper!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.