Has anyone ever heard of putting a topper on a memory foam mattress?

• no, i don't bother with that.

• Sathi

I put a firm latex topper on an overly soft Tempur-Pedic mattress. It did the job, but now I need fitted sheets with an 18"+ pocket. 😕 It was too late to return the mattress, so I'm glad I was able to find a solution to the problem.

• Edwena

Defeats the purpose of the memory foam mattress, but it belongs to you, so you can fix it like you want. We put a mattress cover over our tempurpedic and it works fine, as far as we know.   We are just not going to leave an expensive mattress like that unprotected.

We have a thick memory foam King mattress - but it was hot and clammy. So we got a COOLING topper - and now it breathes and is comfortable.  But - the thickness required us to buy new bottom sheets that would take a 14 inch thick mattress.  The other sheets would not stay tucked in well. All good now.

I put a memory foam topper on on my regular foam mattress. It is very comfortable. 

• Mog

I did when the memory foam started sagging. It didn’t help.