Can i evict my tenants?

My tenant is still employed however the new act protects renters now. Are they protected under this new act? The tenant is fully employed at a chevy dealership in the auto maintenance section. If she doesnt pay its by choice not by hardship

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

ONLY those directly effected by the pandemic are protected. Any tenant failing to pay for reasons that have nothing to do with the pandemic can still be evicted.

• 1 month ago

Simple answer: Yes, you can still evict. The protection only applies to those who have been furloughed or laid off or fired because of the pandemic. It doesn't apply to simply bad tenants. If you can go through your courts in your area, then you can evict.

• 1 month ago

Obviously, you did not read the law and are clueless about it.  The law applies only to those furloughed because of covid and those who cannot pay their rent and have not paid their rent because of being furloughed because of covid.

Source(s): & with Landlord & Tenant law experience.
  • 1 month ago

It only protects someone who can't pay.  If she chooses not to pay, then it does not protect her and you can still evict her.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • G R
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

From my understanding not all tenants are protected by this Covid..... rent act.  Those who lose there job and can not pay rent due to a job loss related to Covid 19 and they have to prove it are covered.

• R P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If you are in the USA, the Federal eviction moratorium is only for tenants who have been impacted by Covid-19. They have to sign an affidavit that their income has. Been reduced and they also have to exhaust all options when it comes to getting assistance in paying the rent.

• 1 month ago

That all depends on where you are and the specific law there.

• 1 month ago

If you mean because of covid and your property is in a place where evictions are suspended then you can't evict them until the suspension is lifted. You don't have to forget the arrears, you can keep count and advise them that it would make sense to pay because you will eventually be able to evict but for now you can't, even if you think it's by choice that they aren't paying, evictions are suspended period where governments have imposed that.

• Kelley
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

They are still liable for missed back rent unless the law changes.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.