Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & EmploymentFood Service · 1 month ago

Why does line cook gets underpaid?

I work in high standard restaurant for 3 years as line cook. Due to restaurant always lack of workers, I have to do most of works and they make me do alot of works which isn't even my job or position yet, they only pay me minimum wage. I do get some tips but it's just not enough. 

Do you think it's right? 

Favorite Answer

Idiots tell you to get another job that pays more, as if it's that simple.... Have you tried asking? I have and I got it, just don't be silly but suggest something sensible.

If you think you deserve more, ask for it.  Your boss may or may not be willing to give it to you.  If they aren't, your choices are to deal with it or to find someone who will pay you more.  

You are allowing them to under pay you.

If you don't think it's right, go get a job somewhere else that pays more.    If you can't, then you're not underpaid.