Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOptical · 1 month ago

what's this bump on my eyeball?

I had been having itchy eyes for about a week now, which always resulted in red and watery eyes. Today, it happened again and I looked at the mirror to notice that there was a bump on my eyeball right next to my pupil. Im worried as to what this might be. Im a 17 year old female if that information is important. I have poor eyesight already and have to wear glasses. Can anyone tell me what this might be? Im worried for my eye. BTW this is only on my left eye. My right eye is perfectly fine.

the bump is getting bigger and I can feel it now when I blink

I forgot to mention that Ive also gotten sick (sneezing, stuffy nose, itchy throat) when I started to get red itchy eyes.

• IOM

By your description it seems to be a pterygium. Usually caused by wind or dust, damaging chemicals or ultraviolet (UV) rays of the sun.

They are more common in people who spend a lot of time outdoors, especially in sunny climates.

Visit your ophthalmologist asap. 

• Sandy

it's called a stye. a doctor needs to treat that.