Can you believers explain?
1. Where did Noah find enough wood,in the middle east to build ship that size?
2. Where did Noah learn how to build a ship?
3. Where's the evidence of a global flood that large only like 4000 yrs ago?
4. How did meat eating animals not eat all the other animals?
5. How did ants survive? There's gotta be whole group of them to survive
6. How did animals from colder climates survive in the middle east?
7. Other civilizations lived in same time period as when creationists believe the flood actually happened. So how come all their recorded history, all their documentation that we have. Doesn't have any mention of this global flood
- DavidLv 71 month ago
I'll answer your last question; one at a time please or you violate forum rules and anyone can delete it.
7. "Other civilizations lived in same time period as when creationists believe the flood actually happened. So how come all their recorded history, all their documentation that we have. Doesn't have any mention of this global flood."
My answer: Are you even aware a Great Flood is recorded in over 500 civilizations on every continent? In denial of the evidence or just lazy?
From an analysis of over 200 of these flood traditions all over the world, 95% of these traditions have common elements with Genesis and they say that the flood was global, many verify the fact that they have common elements with the Genesis Flood account.
Name one person associated with the Sumerian myth verifiable in historical records as are the sons of Noah. Now do you see the difference in a myth and history in truth of confirmed fact?
Even Darwin pointed out, clods of soil jammed between roots can harbour seeds in rafts of vegetation and protect them from soaking in the water (see Howe’s paper) for them to remain viable and germinate later.
Darwin was doing experiments on seeds germinating after soaking in water, Darwin pointed out that seeds survive in the dead carcases of birds and animals floating in the sea. That’s another way that seeds could have survived.
It is interesting that many cereal and fruit crops seem to emanate from the Middle East in the vicinity of where the Ark landed. Could these have come from the many seed bags of Noah? Other families of plants would have survived in the coats of animals, etc.
Many families of plants have at least some species with seeds that have resistant seed coats (‘hard seeded’) that are impervious to the penetration of water and it is not until they are abraded or pass through fire, for example, that water will penetrate and germination follows.
Many legume seeds are like this and will withstand prolonged submersion without losing viability.
And then some plants could have survived as broken pieces of branch or roots. Horticulturists use these capabilities of plants to propagate many of them today—a sprig of Gardenia, for example, will readily sprout roots if you put it in a glass of water on your window sill.
Ants could survive on these same plant and log mats.
There were lots of boats at the time, the Chinese had a whole fleet of ships almost as big as the Ark. But there was only one boat with provisions for a year. Where did the Chinese get the wood to build 50 of these ships? You sound like an ignorant child that hasn't yet done the work to be able to ask an intelligent question.
You just don't have any evidence for what you believe.
Eight Evidences for a Young Earth (outside the Bible)
Five Evidences of Noah’s Flood
If you want to know the truth regarding the evidence, get Holden and Geisler's book, "The Popular Handbook of Archaeology and the Bible". For about $10.
- 1 month ago
so to you everyone built their boats out of rock? And why do you think the whole world to Noah was the entire earth as we know it, Ceasars tax in the bible was also to the whole world, perhaps Noah was instructed by God, how do you learn anything unless someone teaches you or your self taught, kinda foolish to believe Noah put animals from all over the earth on that boat if it was a regional flood, wouldn't it make more sense to you to understand what God showed Noah He would flood would only be what Noah could comprehend and to Noah that was the whole world, just like Ceasars tax where he thought it was the whole world.
- PubliusLv 71 month ago
"Can you believers explain?" Maybe some of us can.
"1. Where did Noah find enough wood,in the middle east to build ship that size?" Who said Noah came from the Middle East? Not the Bible. But even so, the middle east does have forests here and there. It isn't all desert. Plus the weather changes across the millennia. The weather where Noah embarked is probably not the same then as it is now.
"2. Where did Noah learn how to build a ship?" Either he had experience with ships or the Lord taught him how to do it. What, you imagine the Lord couldn't do that?
"3. Where's the evidence of a global flood that large only like 4000 yrs ago?" Most of the silt would have been washed down to the sea bottoms by now, covered by grass, or buried deep in the Earth by tectonic movement. However, there are thick deposits of clay here and there on the Earth, and the largest bone beds were deposited by swiftly flowing water.
"4. How did meat eating animals not eat all the other animals?" One, Noah took seven pairs of all the clean animals to provide food. Two, he may have taken recently weaned carnivores to make them more manageable.
"5. How did ants survive? There's gotta be whole group of them to survive" Actually, only the queen needs to survive, I think. Like bees. She can lay eggs from which drones hatch. Noah didn't bother with insects. He took only the larger terrestrial vertebrates that he could find. The Lord took care of everything else -- one way or the other. A small ant colony could have stowed away on the Ark, too.
"6. How did animals from colder climates survive in the middle east?" Again, you're assuming that Noah was from the Middle East. But polar bears and penguins can survive in hot climates just fine as long as they have water they can swim in.
"7. Other civilizations lived in same time period as when creationists believe the flood actually happened. So how come all their recorded history, all their documentation that we have. Doesn't have any mention of this global flood" Maybe they were killed by the Flood and didn't have time to document it.
- PaulLv 71 month ago
Yes, your questions do demonstrate the problem with blind literal interpretation of the Bible. To understand something written several thousand years ago, we have to ask what various terms meant to the writers, not to us today. What did
"the whole world" mean to a herdsman or farmer living in the Mediterranean area several thousand years ago? Obviously he was not thinking of North or South America, Australia, or Asia, since he didn't have a clue that such places existed. He was probably unaware of northern Europe and southern Africa as well. His "whole world" was the area surrounding the Mediterranean and Red Seas. And that was the location of the great flood. The inland, elevated Black Sea is a remnant of that great flood.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- David KLv 61 month ago
All good questions that prove there was NO flood.
- dewcoonsLv 71 month ago
1) We are not told where Noah build his boat. Only that it landed in the Middle East after the flood.
2) Between the time that God told Noah to build the ark and when it was completed was 120 years. He had more than enough time to learn ship building if needed. And to collect the wood needed to build it.
3) Where is there a single place on the earth that was NOT under a flood at some time? There are several different layers in the earth that could be the flood. The Bible does not give a date for when the flood happened. The 4000 year idea is something that has only been around for about 400 years.
4) Noah had 120 years to collect food for the animals. He had food to feed them. They did not have to eat each other. Do animals in zoo eat each other?
5) Noah was not told to take any insects on to the ark. It only takes a surviving queen to preserve a colony of ants.
6) Again, we do not know that the ark was build and loaded in the Middle East.
7) The date of the flood is not known. Every major culture we know of has a great flood myth. That the dates of these event are not accurately recorded in those myths is not a surprise. They did not have dating systems like we do today.
- JoeP222Lv 71 month ago
1. From the surrounding area. You imply this is impossible. Why?
2. God showed Him.
3. In many places throughout the earth. The Grand Canyon in Arizona is most likely a result of the global flood for one example.
4. Do you assume that Noah did not bring meat for food for the meat eating animals?
5. Same as the others did, by twos. Why do you assume that they have to be "whole groups"?
6. Why do you assume the environment was the same then as it is now? or why do you assume that animals were living in extremely cold climates at that time?
7. Why do you assume that there is required to be an exhaustive description in every single historical document in order for the global flood to be validated?
- Anonymous1 month ago
Here is my explanation .. read the bible.
But i doubt u can actually .. understand .. what u read.
All i will say is .. the bible is God's HOLY TEACHING to mankind.
IF u search for the TRUTH .. u will be led to the HOLY BIBLE.
- princess pounderLv 71 month ago
We dont know the date, may have been much more than 4000 years ago. It is known that the middle east was green with forests long ago. It may have not been an entire world flood. Maybe it was the "known" world. There are no records beyond 3000 - 4000 years ago. The was no great civilization at Noah time. It was small city-states and small kingdoms. God spoke with Noah on boat specs. Anyway, boat building was known at the time.
- 1 month ago
You wrote a list of 7 reasons the Noah's Ark genocide myth was impossible.
There are thousands of more reasons why the ridiculous disgusting childish myth is impossible.
These problems don't matter for the people who are willing to believe all the bible bullsh!t. Brainwashing destroyed their brains. Their stupidity can't be fixed.