My girlfriend is 36, and she wants to dress like a teen.  What should I do? ?

She said 'if someone wants to change you they are not really a friend' about clothing.  She wants to be individual.  She's currently eyeing up a Lisa Simpson hoodie!  I try to dress as a man.  Maybe we are just a bad match

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

If you love your girlfriend, enjoy her for who and what she is. Every time she puts on that Lisa Simpson hoodie, look at her, smile and say "Its a good thing I love you" to her. If you're an "uptight-strictly business" kind of person who worries more of what others may think than you do of your girl, then do both you a favor and go separate ways. I think you're lucky to have a girl that knows how to have fun and isn't afraid to show it.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Better move on, next she'll be screwing with a neighborhood teen. 

• 1 month ago

Time to move on and get one who is acting her age before she hits you up for child support or a marriage ring.. RUN WHILE YOU CAN>>

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

you let her dress the way she wants too dress and stop being so controlling before she dumps you

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Jerry
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You could to the "I'll pay for dinner if you'll let me choose your clothing" thing. Or maybe decide you'd rather not be seen with her even if that means not seeing her at all.

• 1 month ago

At 36 she can wear whatever the heck she wants. She's an adult and doesn't need you permission to buy and wear what she wants. She's been making adult decisions long before you showed up in her life. If you are unable to accept that she has a mind of her own, capable of making her own decisions without your input, and is a unique individual separate from you then yes, you are a bad match. And if you expect your future girlfriends to bend to your whims and wishes over clothing choices then you will never find a "good match" 

• 1 month ago

You nailed it.  You are a bad match.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.