Someone tried to use my debit card to buy  stuff at walmart. Won't anyone go after him?  If so, whom? Should I call the police?

I contacted my bank which deactivated the card he tried to use and issued a new/different one.  I also contacted the Fraud Detection Bureau that warned me about the fraudulent transaction, but they couldn't offer advice on which govt agency would pursue the criminal.  (It was out of state - should I call the FBI?)

Oh, and he left his Name, Address and Phone number on my Walmart's copy of my debit card that's on my Online Walmart account.

are you over 18?  because adults wouldn't be asking this on Yahoo Answer.

was this someone you know?  did they actually have the card? 

you say TRIED to use, but it didn't go through?

good chance the name is fake...

you can contact local PD, non emergency number...and they will file a report that will collect virtual dust....no, FBI won't bother...they would only get involved if the bank contacted them with a lead on a widespread fraud ring.

Your bank will investigate the fraud and decide from there how to persue it.

If the bank reimbursed you, they are the ones who will decide whether to pursue this person.  But generally a debit card cannot be used without a pin so the 'criminal' may be able to argue that he used your card with your permission.  If that happens, you may find the charge reinstated.

Credit cards are far more secure than debit cards.   Get one of those and turn your debit card into a dumb ATM card.

• Maxi

Your bank deactivated the card so it ca

n't now be used....

.the police will just tell you to contact  your bank

If you report it to police, sure.