Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 month ago

Is there a huge ratio difference between men and women regarding heterosexuality?

I mean most men seem to be heterosexual and happy with their heterosexuality, but most women seem confused or bisexual or bi-curious.

I doubt there's that much inherent difference.  Just look at ancient Greece, for example.

I think we live in a society that tends to condemn male homosexuality, and reward and celebrate female homosexuality (as long as women aren't *too* homosexual), so it's no surprise that a lot more women than men are willing to explore any homosexual urges they might have.  If you will be socially rewarded for doing something (like, say, kissing someone of the same sex in public), you're more likely to do it, even if you have little or no inherent interest in the activity for its own sake, while if you will be socially punished for the same activity, you're more likely to refrain even if you really want to engage in the activity.

For whatever reason our society praises women who come out as bi but doesn't do the same for bi men. So men are just less likely to talk about it because they know they won't be heralded as "so brave" for doing so. 

Not the case but I’m glad you’re broadening your questions and not being so repetitive.