How to pronounce the word anecdote?
- bluebellbkkLv 71 month ago
ANN - ek - dote.
- HMFanLv 71 month ago
AA-nek-doht (the “AA” syllable is stressed and is pronounced like the “a” in “cat.”)
- Fort EruditeLv 61 month ago
It is pronounced anneck dowte.
- Bulldog reduxLv 71 month ago
Cough when you get to the second syllable.
Update: Thumbs-downers show clearly that some people in this forum have absolutely no sense of humor.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- KrishnamurthyLv 71 month ago
US /ˈæn.ɪk.doʊt/ UK /ˈæn.ɪk.dəʊt/
- geezerLv 71 month ago
- John PLv 71 month ago
"AN-ek-doht" The final 'e' is not sounded. It is rare in English that final 'e' is sounded.
The 'oht' sound rhymes with: boat; moat; coat; throat.
Sorry, I was wrong earlier about where the stress comes. The amended version is above.
- Anonymous1 month ago
Segregate the syllables.Here are three.an+ec+dote
Stress is to be put on "ec".
- Incorrect AnswerLv 61 month ago
A neck dote.
- Nathan HLv 41 month ago
That's how it's pronoucned.