Parental Responsability ?

What rights does a son have over their mother if an unmarried partner is stopping his partner from seeing her Son? 

Favorite Answer

Good question.

First, a good mother would NEVER tolerate someone keeping her from her own child.  She would call the police first.

And if I were the son, I would call the police where she lives and ask them to do a welfare check on your mother.  The police will drive over to her home and speak to her directly and report to you.

If this person is keeping your mother a prisoner....

If this person forbids her to use her own phone.....

If this person won't allow you to enter HER HOME....

If this person has sabotaged her car.....

If this person is accessing her money, assets, resources against her will.....

If he or she is living in her home and your mother doesn't want them there.....

The police will be glad to take care of all of this for you.

How is he stopping her?  Held hostage? if so call  the police.

What I am basically saying is that the mother is in a partnering relationship. And the guy that she is in a relationship with does not like her Son and is stopping her from seeing her Son. What rights does the Son have over his mum as the Sons mum is the parent after all. Where as the mum's partner is the unmarried man and not family related.  

Let me figure this out.  The son wants to get rights over the mother because the son's unmarried partner is stopping the son from seeing his child?  Am I even close?

None.

The child is "controlled" by both birth parents, not the Grandmother.

Unless an adult son has legal guardianship of his mother, he can't do much legally to intervene. If he is concerned about or suspects mistreatment, he can report that to adult protective services. 

• Kerri

Your question is awkward and probably needs to be re-worded.  But in general, a son has zero rights "over" his mother.