If you could add a new planet to the solar system, what would it be called? Where would you put it? No joke answers, please!?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Persephone, 72 AU from the Sun and intermediate between Neptune and Earth in size.  It would also be interesting to have a planet slightly smaller than Earth at a distance where ammonia oceans were possible, but that would be in the asteroid belt.  Thanks for the exercise.  It was interesting. 

• D g
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Why no joke answers you asked s silly question planets are not put somewhere by us the positions are discovered by us 

There are no more likely areas where a planet would be in our solar system 

• 1 month ago

I would call it "Nowhere Man" and put it way outside the Kuiper belt where it wouldn't cause too much trouble.

As another poster implied: you can't just add a planet without it having serious consequences, due to gravitational interactions with the other planets.

• Thorn
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

novae terrae

between the earth and mars

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

The name Vulcan was bandied about for a Planet that was once thought to Be Orbiting the Sun between it and Mercury as something was perturbing the Latter's Orbit

Turned out Mercury's Orbit was really Eccentric

• 1 month ago

I'd call it "Urmom" and i'd put it on the widest orbit possible while simultaneously reducing it's mass as small as I could as not drastically impact orbits of other objects in our solar system. I'm not even joking, that's exactly what I'd do.

• ANDY
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

If I had the capability of "inventing" a new planet, then I would even have the capability of removing small celestial objects. Right? In this case I would first remove the main asteroid belt (Ceres included) and place in its place my new planet and call it: Helwa. 

• MARK
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I would not do it. You can simply add a new planet to a solar system. It will have effects on the solar system. So it is not a simple as you make it sound.

• JJ
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I would reinstate Pluto as a planet and leave it right where it's at.

• 1 month ago

Planet Klingon and it would be located near Uranus.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.