Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsZoology · 1 month ago

Which animal would be more likely to be negatively impacted by a habitat alteration?  A bear, raccoon, opossum, or skunk?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Bears are negatively impacted because they are large and need lots of food to survive and must sleep for several months out of the year. Raccoons and possums can survive on anything and skunks literally subsist on dirt and feces.

• 1 month ago

All of them,,nuff said.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Bears are most likely to be negatively impacted because they are not able to stay hidden in urban habitats. Oposums, raccoons and skunks can live in urban areas and stay out of sight because they are smaller and require less food. 

• Ray
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Undeniably the bear would be far more negatively impacted by habitat alteration, they need far more habitat to survive. Bears are big so they need a lot of calories, and bears are almost all picky eaters [black bears are the least picky thus the best survivors].  

Opossums, skunks and raccoons are small [low caloric intake] and not picky on what they eat. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • JimZ
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I think it would be a bear.  As an example, if I look in my neighborhood that was highly impacted relative to 150 years ago, there are no bears but plenty of raccoon, opossum, and skunks.  It is a general question and I think it would depend on how the habitat was impacted by generally it would usually be the bear that would suffer with human interference because bears are overtly dangerous to humans.  

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

A bear. The bigger they are, the harder they fall. Larger animals are impacted more by habitat destruction. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.