Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & EmploymentFood Service · 1 month ago

I work in a fast food restaurant. Cooking burgers and I make $4.32 per hour. Is this right?

Favorite Answer

What do you mean by 'right'?  First, let's assume you're in the US which may or may not be the case.

If you're under 20, they can pay you as low as $4.25/hour for the first 90 days.

Federal minimum wage allows you to get paid as low as $2.13 an hour as long as your tips make up the hours difference.

i cant see your paystub. But that is below most minimum wages. Do you mean net?

Without knowing which jurisdiction your workplace is in, no one can guess.

Why are so many trolls/tools too STUPID to know how to provide the information needed to answer a question ?

If it is not the legal min imum wage, no it is not right.

The Federal minimum wage is $7.25 per hour.

Many states have higher minimum wages.  Where I live, it is $9.86 per hour.

In many states, tipped employees can be paid less than minimum wage as long as their tips bring them up or over the minimum wage for the area.

If you are grossing only $4.32 per hour, you are being screwed.