Do you think my mom is going to catch something from this?

My mom walked in the grocery store without a mask because she forgot it in the car but then went back out to get it a few minutes later. Then later in the day she went in a drug store to pick up a medication prescription and forgot her mask again and a pharmacist gave her one when she saw her without one. Do you think that mask she gave her was clean and do you think her hands were clean enough for my mom to wear the mask she touched? Do you think she caught something during the periods she was not wearing a mask even if everyone else in the stores had one on?

Does a mask prevent you from getting infected or prevent you from spreading it to others more?

Actually a mask does nothing at all but obscure your face.

i dont think he gave her one that someone else was wearing,i would wonder why she forgets so much

• Perhaps there is some small probability she caught the virus, when you weigh it up against the odds of winning the lottery or getting struck by lightning or getting trampled by a herd of elephants or dying from a dozen other things it hardly matters. Many millions of other people every day went to the store without a mask and didnt get sick, if you dont like the odds dont go out your front door.

What did we all do before masks were mandatory? We went places without them realizing that we could become infected with any number of diseases. I think that yes she could have gotten something from the stores she went but I also think that she probably didn't and even if she did she will most likely be fine