Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

Can walking everyday for half an hour burn fat up by that alone ?

• .

Yes, but very slowly (assuming you aren't consuming more calories than you are burning). Walking isn't a huge calorie burning activity, so depending on how fast you walk.

.

Per the source calculator if I walk 30 mins for pleasure (which would not be a fast walk) it would burn 183 calories. Walking at a pace of 3.5 mph would burn 244 calories. Walking 5 mph would burn 433 calories.

.

It would need to be a very fast walk, to get the best results. Also, extending the walk beyond 30 mins would mean more calories burned (even if the longer walks were not every day). 

People underestimate the power of exercise. Walking every day can burn a huge amount of fat.

Fat will burn if and only if there is no sugar available to convert into energy.  So you have to watch your sugar and carbs intake.  Carbs quickly convert to sugars.

So if you minimize sugar and carbs, then walking at least 20 minutes a day will burn that fat.  But the issue is...you need to watch your diet because that's the main factor in losing weight.

• martin

Sure.  It's better than sitting in a soft easy-chair with a bag of chips.

Speed/power walking mixed with some jogging sprints, sure. I walk for 45 minutes to an hour every day to maintain my weight loss now. Some mornings, I'll run/walk to get my heartrate up. But none of this matters if you're still eating like crap. Losing weight/fat is 80% DIET, 20% moving more. 

• Kerri

Walking at a brisk pace .. meaning you get a slightly accelerated breath/heart rate ... is terrific for burning fat.  Is it burning enough fat?  Well that depends on much you are eating!  If you eat correctly (do not "diet"; a temporary diet is worthless) and exercise correctly you will gain fitness.