Why is my Android phone not sending or receiving MMS messages but is sending text messages? ?

I've had this phone for a while and it only started doing this about an hour ago. 

I have 2GB of data left. 

Crisis averted. It just started working normally again! 

Thanks for all the extra info. Hopefully gues won't become a regular problem. 

My job requires me to send pictures by MMS to my boss. 

No, not those kind of pictures.. 

*this

Favorite Answer

sometimes it only works when your data is on, and your not connected to wifi

You have already said it’s working but to speculate I would say either there was a date or interruption with your services or the MMS server was having difficulty with your carrier. I would’ve advised to contact your carrier and have them refresh your messaging.

Many telcos are depreciating MMS servers as they are terribly underused!

MMS will always need a data connection, be that Wi-Fi or cellular data. Sometimes, just for short periods, either could be having a minor short lived outrage. Just waiting or rebooting your phone can clear this hiccup.

If it last for more than an hour, the tower you are connected to if cellular, may be getting a software or hardware update, has been damaged or is having maintenance being done. 

If on Wi-Fi and lasts more than an hour, restart your router, or see if switching to a different router will help. Also there could be a local service outrage for the ISP. 

i would ask the place where you got your phone about it

you may have reached your data cap

you need to ask the place where you got your phone about it