Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 2 months ago

Why don't we only allow votes that are done in voting booths to be counted?

Apart from people who are serving overseas or invalids who are physically unable to leave their house, NO ONE has an excuse to not go their local voting booth to vote.  Certainly not because they're scared of getting COVID-19.  As long as you wear a mask, wash your hands, don't touch your face, and stay six feet apart you'll be fine.  If people are still too scared to go out and vote STBT and they should just have to deal with the results no matter what they are.  I will proudly be going to the voting booth on Election Day to cast my vote and I urge every true red-blooded American to do the same.

Update:

Whatever it takes to make sure the president we have now gets re-elected.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Because that would mean the Democrits would lose before the west coast votes are even counted. Might as well not even let people in Hawaii, Alaska, Cali, Oregon and Wash state vote.. Their vote would not mean anything because the other 45 states could easily override them. Mail in Gives them a better chance of losing voting papers and having 25 and more percent not count because they got there one minute to late etc. or the mark just didn't look right to whomever is looking at it and counting it.. Dema want MAIL IN so they can count the ones they want to count and throw out the other 25 percent they do not like.

• Rusty
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

what if THOSE show Trump loses, would you ban those too, Vlad?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It would be a good idea to bring your own pen if you vote that way and my understanding was that all voting was going to be done online. 

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Define "we". US national elections are really just a serious of 50 different state elections and each state has its own rules and laws. Because of my state's policies this year I fully expect to receive two ballots in the mail. I won't use either of them, but I do expect to get them. Anyone in this state who's already registered to vote by mail will probably get multiples because of the way they're just sending ballots out willy nilly. Our Sec. of State hasn't purged the voter roles since Reagan was Governor.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Yeah... aside from people serving overseas, I don't think any of those absentee ballots or mail-in votes are going to truly be counted.  At most, they will go to a place and be counted separately and whichever candidate has the most votes among the mail-in votes will get ONE VOTE cast in their state for that candidate.  I think that totally favors Trump because, let's be honest, liberal democrats are more likely to do an absentee or mail-in vote.  You're wrong if you think Trump is the answer though, both candidates are the wrong answer - if Trump wins most blacks are going to quit working and star rebelling, if Biden wins then it's all going to get that much more Orwellian.  Choose your poison - big brother watching you or you watching society slowly crumble.

• Jeff D
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Even old Joe Biden voted in person in the primary.  If an old guy like Biden can vote at the polls, then you can too!

• paul c
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

1.Because poll workers don't want to die, so they aren't going to show up and take a chance of being exposed during a pandemic.

2.That means local polls, like a schools for example, won't be open to voters.

3.So voters that used to run in and vote before work, at their near by poll can't

Parents with young kids or any kids at home because of a pandemic, can't run in and out of a near by poll. People without cars, and elderly that need assistance all suffer when local polls close.

4.The solution to that is larger centralized polling facilities. That the groups I wrote about in answer 3. can't use because it isn't conveniently located. Then with larger numbers of people the waiting time might be too long. So people have to leave without voting. What about people that can't find the new location ? It happens.

5.Weather in November can be below 30 in northern states. Standing in long lines, in the cold, isn't possible for some because of their health. Or because they had to bring their kids, or because it's cold and flu season in Nov.

6.Voter fraud was investigated more than once in modern history. GW Bush and the Republicans called for an investigation and found nothing, just like every other voter fraud investigation found nothing. 

It only became a thing when Trump said it was, after he voted by mail, and told America not to because of fraud.  All this fake fraud is caused by republicans that  don't want everyone that is qualified to vote, to vote for their candidate.  Because it isn't a republican. They're not popular enough to win, if everyone votes.

A sad situation that republicans won't solve the right way. Like change to gain enough votes to win fairly. Instead they look for ways to reduce voter participation.

Which is totally wrong, illegal, and Unamerican. So don't buy their lies, voting by mail is as old as our country.  In the age of COVID the voting by mail will save lives. While voting in person will discourage some from voting and kill others.

• 2 months ago

I hear ya. But the Wine & Cheese Liberals are always looking for creative ways to make voting as easy as possible. It's not meant to be easy. It's meant to be safe. 

• Mike
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

If absentee ballots are good for people who are ill or away on vacation, why not just expand the availability, especially since there seems to be an effort to make in person voting more difficult.

• 2 months ago

Agreed. Voting fraud has changed countless elections in America: all towards Democrats. Mail in voting is one of the leading causes of voter fraud. Democrats simply cannot win fair elections. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.