adam asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

Do antidepressants permanently destroy your sex drive ?

I remember back in 2012 before I was prescribed antidepressants, my sex drive was out of this world. But once I got prescribed for the first time in 2013, it went to crap even after I came off of them. 

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

No..............       

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

IDK.....wouldn't know

• 1 month ago

I don't think so

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

no way.........................

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Lili
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No, they shouldn't.  Some people experience loss of libido while on them, but the effect is not permanent.

And not all patients experience problems with libido.

Side effects are listed in information that comes with medication because SOME patients have experienced them, and you need to be warned that you might as well.  However, the fact that SOME people experience an effect doesn't mean that everyone will.

And these drugs should not permanently alter your sex drive.

See your doctor and have your hormone levels tested.  Note that depression itself can interfere with libido. It's possible you still need treatment.

• 1 month ago

No, that's bullshit. I take 2-3 zolofts everyday for anxiety and depression and my sex drive is still high as a kite.

• 1 month ago

No. And each drug is different. If the side effects are bothering you, ask your doc to try a different option. There are many. 

• 1 month ago

no i dont think so, it should return to normal once you come off it

• Mike G
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No, they don't.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It impacts your hormones and so it is not as easy to get in the mood sexually 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.