?
? asked in Food & DrinkEthnic Cuisine · 2 months ago

What do you think of the quality of the sausage and egg muffin and of the doughnuts at Tim Hortons?

• Janet
    Favorite Answer

I make both better at home.

About 30 years ago, Tim Horton's made their donuts fresh at each restaurant. I had a neighbour who went into work at 3 am to make those donuts.  But then the switched to premade donuts brought in and the quality has never been as good.  But most people go for the coffee (I don't like their coffee, it is too bitter).

They're fine for a fast food place.

The breakfast sandwiches aren't bad, but they're far from the best out there (I'd give that one to A&W if we're sticking with fast food, but I make better at home). They're better if you substitute out the fake cheese for the real cheddar they have since it tastes better.

The donuts aren't very good any more. Now that they're all frozen and reheated at the store, they've lost all texture and a lot of flavour. They were much better than they were made at the store. Most grocery stores around here have better donuts than Tim's does now. And at a cheaper price.

• Donuts: they're okay.  Not bad.  Not terrible.  Not spectacular or great.  The maple glazed and honey dip are their best offerings IMO.  Better than the diabetic slurry on offer at that Boston-based purveyour of crap.

Other: If I'm going to Tim's I'm getting coffee and donuts (their chili is now off-limits).  As much as I hate to admit this, if I want a breakfast sandwich it's the one thing I'll get at McDonald's (their egg bacon and cheese on biscuit sandwich is actually good).  Not a fan of their other stuff.  

• kswck2

Overpriced and cheaper made at home.