how do I tell my friend I don't like their anime drawing?

my friend likes to draw...but sometimes there is a mistake in the lines and shapes or even colors... I want to point them out but my friend is a bit overreacting.. and I want to tell them in a way they wouldn't get offended.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

try pointing out something you like along with the thing you don't like.

a spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down.

for example:

"i like the way that you drew the face, but the arms seem weirdly long"

or

"i like the colour of their shirt, but it doesn't go with any of the other colours in their outfit"

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Tell them it's good and you like and then point out a few things that could make it better. 

• Expat
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

why bother? Why do you need to tell your friend? Can't you just ignore it and allow your friend to be happy? What makes your assessment of their work important or needed. It's like saying, "I want to know how to politely tell my friend that his guitar playing sucks." Let the critics be the critics - just be their friend. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Perhaps if your friend thought highly of your skill they would take sincere criticism. But maybe they do not admire your drawing ability as much as you do.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Don't, honestly, they will get better as they practice, if you tell them you don't like them, it might put them off doing something they like. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.