Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & EmploymentFood Service · 2 months ago

What do I do about my boss, is this fair?

I just started working at Burger King and this past week was my first week of work and I did well and yesterday was my day off and I hung out with friends and today I was sick so I called in sick and later my friend texted me the pictures of our hang out and I posted them online today while i in bed sick and later my boss called me and said he has reason to believe I called in fake sick after seeing my social media posts and I tried to explain they were from the day before but he didn’t believe me and suspended me for 3 work days 

Favorite Answer

You're responsible for your own suspension, sorry to say. You just didn't think there would be consequences to your social media posts, did you? Well there are. And the sooner you learn what you ought to be posting and WHEN, and how to be an employee that is valued instead of one whom the boss has to be suspicious of, the better off you'll be. 

Social Media is not a tool for socializing it's a time wasting manipulation tool.

I don't see a single good use for it except marketing which don't concern you and the chatting feature.

Pick better friends, and recover over the next 3 days. {Easier and cheaper than getting a doctor's note.}

• John P

Anything you post on social media can be used against you.. You have learned that lesson fairly cheaply.

Bring the drinks home if you are going to be sick to have a knees up. Loads of times and, even if it's not like that the boss will see you in the pub.

• Sandy

somebody ratted you out. it's the only way your boss knew about your day off. just stay off social media. it's not your friend. and somebody at your job isn't either.

1. Explain to him exactly what happened and prove it by showing him when the 'hang out' happened and then when it was posted. 2. Whether it seems fair or not is irrelevant. Life isn't supposed to be fair. 

maybe you should work for someone else and next time dont post stuff like that on facebook

• Tavy

If you posted them from your phone the photo should have the date it was taken.

Show him your phone.

Either go get a note to prove you were sick, or realize that it's pretty stupid to post something on FB  that you wouldn't want your boss to see, and think more about that in the future.