For you vaxxers who say that vaccines prevent disease, how do you know when something is prevented?  Unless you can prove that a disease ?

would affect everyone and make everyone sick, which you CANNOT do, how do you prove a vaccine prevented even one person from getting the disease?  How do you know that the person refusing to get a vaccine will get the disease allegedly being prevented?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

When's the last time you've caught smallpox? Polio?

• Diana
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Before the vaccines for Measles, it was running rampant.. Especially among children.  Thanks to the vaccination that I got, I never had to endure it.  Neither did most people from my generation and beyond.  However, when the idiot anti-vaxxers started spreading their dangerous lies about vaccinations, many stupid people stopped getting them.  So, Measles is coming back along with other horrible diseases that are preventable.  

• 1 month ago

poop and farted

Source(s): my ass
  • 1 month ago

The proof that vaccines prevent disease comes in the form that when vaccines are introduced into a population that is suffering from high numbers of a specific disease and those numbers drop after the vaccines are provided. I don't agree with the vaccination schedule in the United States myself, however, to play devil's advocate a bit, the same argument you are using to try to disprove the efficacy of vaccines is the same argument someone else could make about you saying that vaccines do not prevent disease. It's a chicken or egg-type thing that really doesn't matter. What does matter is that vaccine schedules in the United States need to be evaluated because we have some of the worst numbers when it comes to mortality in pregnancy, infancy, and early childhood than many other industrialized nations. Our children have ridiculously high rates of autism and other neuro-developmental disorders that is out of proportion to the rest of the world. We shouldn't downplay the importance of other factors in reducing disease like sewers, sanitation, handwashing, access to clean water and adequate nutrition, medical advancements. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • J
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Because when drug companies test the vaccines, they do large, controlled, double blind studies. They compare the infection rate of the control group to the infection rate of the vaccine group. If the patients who got the vaccine get infected at a far lower rate than the placebo group, the vaccine is considered effective. No vaccine is 100% effective, but some are close. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

If you look back at the history of vaccines and how a vaccine from Cow Pox was used to prevent the very much worse Smallpox from decimating the population, then the very fact that it actually worked is all the proof you need. If you want to be sociopathic and refuse vaccinations then you can still do so while the law permits you to do so and continue to receive the benefits of mixing in society. The mob enraged however, may be another matter.  Antivaxxers will be shunned and excluded.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

*you* can't prove a dog went in the kitchen but everyone else can tell from the muddy footprints.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.