Is this normal?

I contacted a company I was interested in working for, and answered all of their interview questions “virtually.” I received an email back that went on and on about the owners success and money and all of his accomplishments. I replied back that they were impressive and that I’m interested in working for the company. I’d like to know if an opportunity is available. 

Why the bragging? I don’t care. I want to work.

Obviously, they are impressed with themselves, and are looking for people who are ambitious, and highly qualified. you might try emphasizing your own accomplishments - don't sweep your own successes under the carpet. But they are also full of themselves, and you might want to reconsider working for Ego-Trippers.

This is one of those scams where:

"You get to work with one of the most important and successful business owners in the world.  XYZ  Founded $$$ Corp and then acquired a stake in &&& Corp.  XYZ traveled to QRS and donated billions to help the EFG start programs that generated Trillions of dollars of profit. Now XYZ wants talented and success driven people to join the new venture  WXY where you can get in on the ground floor and experience success....."

They keep telling you how brilliant you are, and how you have passed all of their tests...and when you are really starting to feel like you are really the best person they have interviewed...and they seem so excited that you want to work there...

And then they want you to start paying for things before you can start....

In some cases they actually try to sell you 'part' of the company..."Everyone who works here MUST be a share holder in the company..."

Any legitimate company pays you to work.  If a company or person asks YOU to pay THEM for the privilege of working in their business..it is a SCAM!!!

• A

they are trying to sell you, probably a scam where you have to pay for training

They are probably trying to sell you something, like some screwball work scheme.