Does anyone know why some jobs say in the description "must be presently enrolled in college"?  ?

Besides the obvious age discrimination and the assumption that if the applicant had outstanding student loans they would somehow be uncollectable (deferred?) NOT TRUE all cases i.e. if defaulted why not accept someone with a blank credit history (i.e. no loans, house/car paid off. etc.) 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 days ago

Your question doesn't make any sense but anyhow just tell them you're presently enrolled in college. It's kinda like when they say you need to maintain a 5.0 GPA to continue to play in a sports league or be in some extracurricular club.  No one verifies it anyway as it can be very difficult to verify.

• MS
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Many such jobs are intended as internships or practicum placements for college students.  The pay often isn't so good, but they are getting experience that will help them in their eventual job search.  It has nothing to do with student loans, credit history, or age. 

• 2 months ago

I have no idea why you think student loans have anything to do with this. As for age discrimination, I have students in their 40s who are completing their college degrees. 

• 2 months ago

I'm not sure why any job would require current enrollment in  college unless it's an internship or work study position, that kind of requires one to be in college currently. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

maybe you need college experience to do those jobs

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.