All of my yahoo contacts disappeared on Sept 3, 2020.  Why and can I get them back.?

Had the same problem. It was caused in my case by the uBlock Origin add blocker which I have as an add-on in Firefox.

What appears to have happened is that one of the lists that ad blockers use has been updated and now causes the Yahoo contacts page to be identified as an advert

THE FIX is either to completely disable the ad blocker  (Do this initially anyway to prove that it is the ad blocker causing the problem). Or better re-enable the ad blocker and go into its settings and white list Yahoo. To do this in uBlock Origin go to the Yahoo email site. Then click on the uBlock Origin icon at the top right of the firefox window This will bring up a menu with a large blue on/off symbol. Click it to whitelist Yahoo and then the contacts will work.

I went back to Basic email and my contacts were there. Don't know why they disappeared in the first place. So aggravating! Forgot to say it was in Firefox.

I had the same problem in Firefox. Contacts were in tact in MS Echo. I turned off all my extensions and then turned them on one by one. The problem was AdBlockPlus. I have now installed AdBlocker Ultimate and it's not interfering with my contacts.

I discovered the exact problem. I don't have a single contact in my list. Also, when typing in the To: field Yahoo!Mail is not auto filling or allowing a drop down of potential contacts. So even if you didn't have someone manually added to your contacts, there ought to be dozens of possible names for mail to try to resolve out to  based on passed incoming mail even noreply@ names.

Source(s): My own Yahoo email Account

I have the same problem!  I have lost all my Contacts.  I've had my Yahoo! Mail account since the 1990s. This is ridiculous.  

• Sharon

There is no way to do that at the present time. Ever since Yahoo changed the contacts format there hasn't been a a way to restore lost contacts.