Max
Lv 5
Max asked in PetsCats · 2 months ago

Is “Kat” a good name for a cat?

My sister is insistent that naming our cat “Kat” is funny and creative. I think it’s silly and I want to keep her name as Izzy, the name she was given when we adopted her. She insists that Kat is a great name for cat but I disagree. What does everyone else think?

20 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

I had a cousin who named his dog (German shepherd mix) Cat because he thought it funny.  (Gave his kids normal names).  I think Izzy is better.  Some of my cats' names have been Bettina, her son Midnight and daughters Razzle and Dazzle; Tuygerguy, Licorice and her son Gummi Bear; kittens Nicki and Ricky; Amigo

• 2 months ago

Yeah it's not a bad name for a cat

• 2 months ago

No. Wait in a room without distraction.

Use Izzy and a few other names.

You might give her a full name, like "Izzy the Kat".

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

i think your sister is being deliberately controversal.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

The cat doesn't give a crap as long as she's fed.

• F
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Calling a cat , Kat is funny and creative? I wished I lived in your house, how the long winter nights must fly by!

• Ocimom
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Which name does the cat respond better to - Kat or Izzy?  Cats tend to respond to names ending in a vowel sound (a,e, i, o u)

• 2 months ago

Nope,godd names are like 'kitney spears',brad kitt,claude,our cats are pom-pom and richard(I didn't name them)

• 2 months ago

I like it. It's kind of humorous. I imagine it travels through the air and gets the attention of the cat. People don't yell "cat" by itself very often. When people look at you funny and ask did your really name it "cat" look at them indignantly and tell them it's "Kat with a K."

I knew a girl who named her cat CAT and pronounced it "See Ay Tee."

• 2 months ago

Kat isn't a good name for a cat. It's like calling a dog "Dawg." 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.