Why do many people wear baseball caps now?

I see many people wearing them and I find it incredibly annoying as I have never worn one,... I see even elderly people wear them...

What message are people sending out by wearing baseball caps all the time?

I feel like smashing anyone who wears them.

• adam

Keeps the sun out of my eyes you nitwit.  

• Jackie

Not sure if you're being serious because this is such a weird thing to be so angry about. It's not a new thing for people to be wearing baseball caps, especially elderly people.

Let us know how that smashing works out for ya...

Smash people who wear them? You’re either a troll or you need help with some deep seeded issues. The problem isn’t the hats. You have other stuff to work on. 

Source(s): 42 years of my own life lessons

People (both men and women) have been wearing baseball caps for many many years. 

I think the more relevant question is why you're having such an angry reaction to peoples' choice of headgear. I can understand not liking the cap but to want to smash a person for wearing one is enough over the top to warrant a visit to a professional. 

Because the Kansas City Royals are Mighty!

Not too long ago, most men knew that it is rude to wear a hat indoors - someone's home, a restaurant, elevators, etc.  Now many people are ignorant of common courtesy - and they all seem to wear baseball caps.  So the answer to your question is that we notice them because they display their ignorance and contempt for others.

• fcas80

Because people are not going to barber shops or hair salons due to covid, and their hair is not looking as nice as in pre-covid times.

People have been wearing baseball caps for years.