Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 1 month ago

Should my boyfriend judge me for this?

I buy clothing off Mercari, Depop, poshmark apps like that. There’s nothing wrong with it and I buy a lot of my stuff off those sites because one it’s cheaper and two some clothing items I like being worn in. Well I had just got this shirt and I showed him the app and he just laughed at me and I told him you make me feel stupid now. Because it’s not like the clothes are gross a lot of them are in good condition and never worn. And then he made a comment about good will. I’m not working right now so I don’t have money coming in and would still like to get new clothes so doing that I save more money. I just think he shouldn’t judge anyone for where they get there clothing whether it’s used or not 

• Niki

Tell him to start buying your clothes.  Maybe then he will learn not to treat people so badly.  Why does his opinion mean so much to you? Buy what you like, his opinion on your clothes doesn’t matter.  Make him buy you some clothes.

He is silly and immature, but sadly, so are you. Otherwise you would just wear the clothes you want to wear and not go running to your boyfriend for his approval, then come running to us when you don't get that approval.

If you're old enough to have a boyfriend and to have a job (even if you're not working right now), you are surely old enough to make your own decisions about clothes AND about boyfriends.

If he "made you feel stupid" it's because you LET him make you feel stupid. Act your age.

• WOOWHO

start with word use and meaning  which  many persons who uses the words daily lack a understanding  or what they mean i suspect  the question is not  about the BF opinion but rather  him possibly  IMPOSING  his opinion or  DIRECT you    as in impose his will upon you aka authoritarianism

SHOULD (verb)  used to indicate OBLIGATION, DUTY , correctness , especially when criticizing another persons actions

JUDGE ( noun) a  public official appointed to decide cases ( offenses or discrepancies ) in a court

JUDGE (verb) to form an opinion  or conclusion about

Human beings are individuals  have a MIND and Thoughts so  are ABLE  to form  THEIR  opinions and conclusions of what is ACCEPTABLE to "THEM" . The Difference is when they IMPOSE them on others .a frequent question in RELIGION  is where do Atheist get their Morals from .. an , ANSWER from growing and maturing  observations experiences a understanding    of HUMAN  WELL BEING . life is  preferred to death . Heath is preferred to  illness  happiness to pain  Freedom preferred to slavery ..that their action effect themselves and others  

a common saying is   a person may hear is WHO DIED and made you BOSS ( origin with generational monarchy KINGS ) or WHO do you think  you are  GOD ( religious authority )

both  expressions  goes to a EXTERNAL source DICTATING which are ETHICS  NOT MORALITY , MORALITY is individual a individual persons  conclusion about human behavior

an example  a King  individual     or a religion social organization or  government , may set a RULE  that ALL PEOPLE must eat FISH on FRIDAY .... Jack is ALLERGIC to fish  it will cause him HARM impair his WELL BEING ..... it would be IMMORAL for Jack to eat FISH .... and others like Jack  who are Allergic , so for JACK  eating FISH is immoral and to impose it on other is IMMORAL 

your BF is NOT  your AUTHORITY unless you want to give him that AUTHORITY to DICTATE DIRECT  and have such power , to be submissive  and stop THINKING for yourself 

People can CHANGE their opinions and Behaviors , but they generally Stay with what they find is WORKING for them that achieves their DESIRES

DEMEANING others , devaluing others  inferring INFERIORITY , are tactics of Dominance and power , control

No, I don't think so

• jean

just don';t bring it up again. He does not need to know where u get your clothes

• e9601:

Then tell him to buy your clothes. NEW. You are doing the right thing.

cxcsdcdsdsdscdscccxscx

• kelvin

no he should not

• LM440

There is nothing wrong with you saving money on quality clothing.  If he wants your clothing to come from a different source, he is free to buy them for you.

I can't believe I've just wasted 20 seconds of my life on this crap