Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Does Jesus?

Heal the broken ones

Yes, eventually.  But we have to go through sorrows as well to learn to become like God.

Jesus quoted this prophecy, applying it to Himself: "The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the broken-hearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners..." (Isaiah 61:1) It also promises the redeemed of the Lord that they will be "singing; everlasting joy will crown their heads. Gladness and joy will overtake them, and sorrow and sighing will flee away." (Isaiah 35:10)

Although that applies mainly to being in Heaven with Jesus, it also has an initial fulfillment while we struggle here on Earth. We get a taste of the joy of heart that belonging to Jesus brings, even though awful things might threaten to break our hearts here in this sinful world. Once Jesus redeems us, we are liberated, and His healing is just wonderful. I know. He mended my broken heart decades ago.

• sarah

*** Bible Citations ***

John 3:16) “For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, so that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life.

• WOOWHO

Broken ONES  a pop song written by Diana Parish

some people may make some emotional association between a SONG and  a  Jesus  belief

Peoples Beliefs Direct  Peoples     behaviors and  other thoughts  Beliefs  can come from two sources  our OWN experiences  or as Blind acceptance  of what other people tell us

Yes, indeed He does.

• Good morning!

Why are you asking these ridiculous questions, from you, a believer? Don't you think God can do it?

Everything is possible to those who pray and believe!

Question the atheists, you'll see how many ridiculous answers they'll tell you.

Depends on whether or not the broken ones seek help from the divine.