Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

Why am I so fat when I only consume between 1500 ~ 1800 Calories a day...?

I'm a 24 yrs old guy and I only eat rice, vegetables, fruits, noodles and fish. No junk foods. My estimate is that I consume roughly 1500 to 1800 Calories a day, aside from that, I do a 2-km or at least 25 mins of brisk walking everyday...

And yet I'm so fat at 140 lbs standing at 5'4... I feel like the only way to become thin is to drink water and eat nothing but air

• .

Same answer as when you posted this yesterday (FYI, spamming is a violation as is trolling):

Per link #1, your weight is right on target for a male your height, with a large frame (139 - 143 lbs). So even if you have a small frame (123 - 127 lbs) you wouldn't be considered excessively overweight.

Per the Daily Calorie Needs calculator you should be consuming 2464 cals/day for fat loss, so you're significantly under what you should be eating, which means you've probably experienced some muscle loss (thus a slowed metabolism). Up your calorie intake. It may sound counter-intuitive, but for healthy fat loss you need to consume an appropriate amount of calories.

• Petter

You are hardly "fat" at a measly 140 Ibs, possibly at 3'4... You thinking is flawed, imho.

• JJ

It's the beer that you forgot to mention.

Maybe you need to eat more or eat more frequently. I also think your height and weight is fine.